To realize the Palestinian presence in the information age through the formulation of necessary registration policies for the PS domain and to set appropriate policies for enhancing Internet usage in Palestine.
- Defining the rules and procedures for registering domain names under the .ps directly or under the second level domains such as gov.ps, edu.ps, plo.ps and sec.ps.
- Developing the contracts with the registrars and an eventual procedure for their accreditation.
- Defining instruments to ease the solution of disputes and limiting the cases that go to court.
- Maintaining contact with the international organizations to conform to international best practices.
- Maintain the .ps registry database of the domain names in a secure and reliable way.
- Make available the information on the registered names (WHOIS service) in accordance with the norms adopted for privacy protection.
- Manage all contracts, billing, and administrative matters of the registry.
Board of Directors:
The PNINA Board of Directors is made up of representatives from the Public, Private, Academic, and Legal sectors and institutions interested in advancing Internet usage in Palestine. PNINA endeavors to establish meaningful partnerships between these diverse Palestinian sectors in administering and managing the national Internet enterprise.
The Palestinian Council of Ministers in his 50th meeting, held on 8/11/2004, approved the reformation of PNINA Board of Directors based on the decree issued by Minister of Telecommunications and Information Technology.
The organization is considered a unique entity that grouped all stakeholders of the Palestinian IT sector to make sure that it is managing the .ps domain which is a valuable national asset for Palestine to the best interest of the IT community and the Palestinian People.
PNINA Bylaws were approved by PNINA Board of directors and accredited by the Palestinian Ministry of Telecom. and IT.